3.07.2009

Picture Perfect

Being at home along makes me feel like a different person. I have different priorities. 
I'm not so worried about going out, I'd rather have someone come to me. I do get lonely, like I did last night, but sometimes it's no so bad to just sit around and listen to my music by myself- like I'm doing now. 

Devon uploaded some pictures today of him and his girlfriend Kati Paye, that his step-mom Dana took (www.urbanvisionstudios.com/blog). They are just fantastic pictures. They remind me why I love photography so much. When you get a good picture, a really good picture, it doesn't matter how many pictures you had to take to get there. And the thing about pictures is that there is something good in every picture, even the ones you can't understand why you took them. 
It makes me itch to take pictures. Portraits. 
Since no one was around, I went a little photocrazy with my flickr (www.flickr.com/photos/35843555@N06), and facebook.  There is just something so perfect about capturing a moment in time, because no matter how people change you have that one unchanging piece of them held there forever. I kind of like the idea that the camera takes away a piece of your soul, it's not a bad thing, it preserves it there perfectly forever. It can't be broken, or warped. 


I wonder what happens to the person that I am when I'm alone, when I'm no longer alone. 


No comments: