And everyone is starting to get all wigged out about it. I guess I don't get it. I mean, I get it, but honestly, it's not like this prom is going to be different from last years, and when it comes to my friends, we're all just going to be hanging out together so it doesn't matter who is who's date.
There are people who've had there dresses picked out since summer!
siouxsys
I was thinking about prom, and having to find a date.
Chelsee Bergen
you don't have to
Chelsee Bergen
unless you mean to pay for you
Chelsee Bergen
haha
siouxsys
I have to have a date to prom.
Chelsee Bergen
Why?
siouxsys
Because it's prom.
Chelsee Bergen
That's stupid.
siouxsys
Not really
Chelsee Bergen
Going with someone just to go with someone is stupid
Chelsee Bergen
And wanting a date is different than having to have one.
siouxsys
Well then, I want a date, but even if I didn't I'd still feel like I'd have to.
Chelsee Bergen
except you'll probably just end up going with one of our friends, or someone on the outer rim of our circle, and being each others dates will consist of treating each other just like you're treating every other member of the group, and matching colors.
siouxsys
Which is what I want
Chelsee Bergen
why
siouxsys
Because I like being there with someone specific, whether it ends up being like that the whole night or not.
I dunno. I guess I'm just confident in the fact that I'm not going to be doing much of anything different than I have for anything else. It's unlikely I'll have a date, I probably won't go get a dress until after the beginning of April, there likely won't be any other kind of special events attached to it, so there's not really a lot for me to do (unless I want to be unhappy) than just be comfortable with that fact.
It doesn't bother me, but I guess a part of me thinks it would be nice to get all worked up over it like everyone else seems to be getting.
I'm excited, I'm just not.... enthralled?
I'll just have to settle for finding a fucking gorgeous dress to be my date- now that I can look forward to.

No comments:
Post a Comment