7.08.2009

I feel like I could melt

I've been playing with this idea

this idea of if you could save someone you love
save them from themselves and everything that hurts them
but it meant they would have to give up a piece of themselves
something they could never get back
would you do it?

Its the only way you can save them
and they've admitted to at least a certain extent that they want to be saved
but you know they don't really realize how much they would be giving up
and afterwards they might regret it
and they might hate you for a while
but they would be safe.
They would always be safe.

I've been writing it,
going back and forth between the save-e and possible saver's perspectives
only
I'm not sure I can do it. I don't think I can put my self in the position of the person that needs to be saved because its something I have issues with
I myself am a saver.
Even when I was the one who needed to be saved.
I guess thats really how the idea started.
But in any case... I don't know if I can write about it because its something unresolved for me
and I've considered the possibility of just writing it from one perspective
but if its only one perspective, what makes it different than anything else?

I'm not giving up on it. I will continue in some way shape or form
but maybe I have to do some reexamining.
I'd actually appreciate your thoughts if you've got any to speak of

No comments: