3.28.2006

Forgiving a favorite

What is it with forgiveness that makes us pick and choose?

Why do we play favorites?

Or is it favorites at all?

Why can we forgive one person and not someone else, when they've done the same thing?

Are we just forgiving our favorite the blaming the left over?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The way that we forgive people is always going to be effected by our opinions of people.

par example: My friend Kay ignores me ALL THE TIME on aim. And not just me, everyone. She's one of those people who just... doesn't really communicate online. But it's not that she's internet retarded, and doesn't understand how to communicate online. It's that if you're not saying something engaging she really doesn't care enough to respond.

I don't get mad about it, because I accept it as fact. It's just the way she is. It's rude, but it's always been like that, and it's not selective to me. She also happens to be my "best friend." We're joined at the hip (at least when together in person) so it really doesn't matter how she acts online.

On the other hand, I have a friend named Aaron, who i'm totally attatched to online. Days when he's offline I'm totally depressed, and whenever he's online we're chatting. He's my moral support, and an all around cool kid.

One day he went silent for literally less than two minutes and I freaked out. I totally relied on him to be there for me, and he disappeared for a minute and a half without warning and I couldn't deal with it. I was so pissed off about it that when he came back I couldn't talk to him for the rest of the night.

Rational? Logical? No.

Emotion isn't intelectual.

Being biased is totally normal and human. Don't worry.



(i feel like a freak writing a long comment like that... lol. hopefully it was helpful and not creepy.)

Chelsee said...

Not strange, and totally helpful. Did I ever mention I love to recieve comments? Probably not, but it comes with my blogging habbits.

It's nice to hear that I am not the only one.